January 23, 2009

Can't Stop this Train


"I'm stuck!"---Ziga, while climbing into Zala's crib.



Lately, Ziga's vocabulary and language skills and overall independence are blowing my mind. Everyday, several times a day, I am amazed at how he is maturing. I am amazed, proud, and.....a little panicked. Time is going by waaaaaay too fast. I'm going to take the lead from Jamie and Heather and start posting the more about what Ziga is saying and doing, things I'm afraid I'm going to forget.

So: the last two weeks, these are words/phrases that Ziga has learned to say, clearly, with the correct meaning: "maybe, a little bit", "maybe, later (said when I asked him if he was ready to clean up play-doh and take a bath)", "sometimes", "comin' right up!" (learned this from Grandpa perhaps?), "dinosaurs/monsters/ghosts are comin'!"(followed by door slam), "Oce's workin' downstairs in basement", and other sentences that seem way too long for my little guy to be saying. He plays hide and seek with Janez and understand how the furnace makes air warm and pushes it out through the vents around our house. He picks out his own outfits, and most of the time I would let him out of the house in what he picks out.

Other accomplisments: toilet training is complete. It is very rare that Ziga has an accident now, and he is able to go into the bathroom by himself, take his pants down, get on the potty, and sometimes wipe if the situation calls for it. He is so proud of himself--"I can DO it!" he says. He can. He can do a lot. And he'll keep doing more, at alarming rates, and I'm not complaining. We're so blessed to have such healthy, beautiful kids. And as much as I miss working, I wouldn't trade staying at home for the world. And I know I can't freeze time. And, I can take comfort because I will get to re-live the baby days through Zala, who is also getting so big, so fast.

So, I have that John Mayer song in my head "Can't stop this train......I can't take the speed it's movin' in...I know I can, 'cause now I see, I'll never stop this train."

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Cute post, Ali...love it!