February 9, 2010

Batteries

So---I know I am neglecting the blog as usual, and this little story actually happened last week. Anyone who knows Ziga knows that he is very concerned when things don't "work" and will jump at an opportunity to find batteries, unscrew the battery cover, and make it work again. So, this was an interesting conversation.

Z: Mommy, do we have batteries?

Me(distracted): Yeah, Ziga, we have some, I don't know what size though, only double
A...what do you need them for?!

Z: No, Mommy, do we have batteries?

Me: Oh, like, in our bodies?

Z: Yeah, yeah! Like, so we can think.

Me: Well, Ziga, we don't have batteries because we are people, but this is how our bodies work (and then I launched into what I am sure was a confusing explanation of the heart and the brain--but I kept it as simple as I could. He was satisfied, in any case).

No comments: