March 10, 2009

"I Need Work"

Yesterday, the kids and I were driving back from Sherwin Williams and Home Depot (yes, more painting is in my future, it would seem). Ziga asked if we were going to see Oce (Janez) when we got home and I explained that we would see him later tonight because Oce was working. Since Janez started working outside of the home again (he has always worked inside the home) Ziga has been adjusting well but still expects Janez to be here most of the day. I explained that moms and dads need to work to help their families. Ziga then said, "I need some work!" which made me laugh. So, I put him to work painting. Just kidding. He wanted to help (shocker) but since he had to help RIGHT THIS MINUTE I just had him strip down to his undies for a few minutes.


Hands on hips, checkin' out the work. Uncle Shawn told Ziga on Friday: "You can bake, but you can't bake and stand with your hands on your hips."

3 comments:

heatherhusker18 said...

That's so cute. Love the one with his hands on his hips!

Anonymous said...

ziga is always welcome to come to my house and paint. at some point i need to redo luke's room. i never liked the color, even though i picked it out. i think eric would have popped a blood vessel if i had said anything since he painted it all by himself.

Museum Mama said...

anytime you want, you can send Ziga over to my house and I'll puyt him to work. :) We have TONS of things that can be done.