January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009 (Better Late than Never!)

We had a fantabulous Christmas this year! First of all--there's no beating a white Christmas. It was so beautiful! What am I talking about---it is still so beautiful, and will probably be so beautiful for another two weeks!

We celebrated Christmas Eve at my mom's with my brother Ty. It was great to see him! Ziga and Zala got awesome PJ's and various other things. Zala got a frilly tutu and didn't want to take it off to get into the car. Janez and I got some new dishes from my mom, which were badly needed and came in very handy for serving Christmas dinner the next day.

Ziga was pretty psyched to open his stocking and was happy with his hot wheels and Playmobil Pirate Ship. Zala got a music set and some bristle blocks, among other things. She was really excited about Ziga's gifts though.

Janez got a BB gun to kill the squirrels that steal our tomatoes every year. Ziga has somehow gotten the idea that we will be eating a lot of chipmunk, squirrel, and rabbit soon.

I was very very happy to receive the Wii Fit and Jillian Michaels Wii game. Janez was not supposed to but he did. He knows how much nicer I am when I exercise ;) We have been loving the Wii and watching Ziga box and do the balance games is entertainment in it's purest form. I must say some of those games really are a great workout.

We did have a small obstacle (read--350 pound)on Christmas morning, because a spring broke on our garage door Christmas Eve around 1:00 AM while we were wrapping presents. Since we needed to make it to mass at 11:00 Janez and I were huffing and puffing to get the garage door up in order to get our car out. Thank goodness we have some kind of 4 x 4 function on the Beemer--we managed to get out of our extremely un-plowed neighborhood and made it to mass on time. We were lucky enough that once again, the Lomshek/Kalan clan traveled up from their respective homes in Southeast Kansas. They sure did brave some tough weather to get here! We were joined by my mom as well and it was a great day, despite the snow! Our guests began arriving around noon and by the time we got around to opening presents a few people were ready to get on the road (before dark). So, present-opening was a little chaotic.

My Dad came by a few days ago and brought a great gift for the kids--a portable DVD player---badly needed, actually, since the powercords to our other one mysteriously disappeared (where does stuff GO in this house? I'm sure I'll find them in the back of some obscure cabinet in a month or two). He and Jolene got us a heated mattress cover. Can I just tell you--I think that may be the best invention....um.....ever. We are loving it!

It was a great Christmas, and we feel so truly blessed to have such wonderful family. :)

View below link for photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you guys had a good xmas. i got the wii biggest loser game too and am really liking it so far. my arms are SORE from all the tricep body lifts.